Bölümler | Kategoriler | Konular | Üye Girişi | İletişim

Behlool sells Paradise to Zubaydah

Behlool sells Paradise to Zubaydah

One day Bohlool was sitting at the corner of the river, and
he was making some flower beds like the children were.
Abbasid Caliph Harun Al-Rashid Rashid's wife Zubaydah happened to cross by. When she came near Bohlool, she asked,

- "Bohlool! What are you doing?"

Bohlool answered,

- "Making Paradise."

- "Do you sell the Paradise you have to me?"

- "Yes, I sell them."

- "For how many dinars?"

- "For 100 dinars."

Since Zubaydah wanted to help Bohlool in any way she could, she immediately ordered her servant to give Bohlool 100 dinars, which he did.

Bohlool said,

- "You don't want a receipt?"

- "Write it and bring it." Saying this, Zubaydah went her way.

Bohlool distributed that money among the poor.

In a dream that night, Zubaydah saw a big Garden, the like of which she had never seen when awake.

All of its houses and palaces were seven stories high and made of colored jewels and decorated with great style.

The rivers were flowing and beside them flowers were blooming.

Very beautiful trees were planted; servants (boys and girls) were all present and ready to be of service.

Zubaydah was given the receipt, written in gold ink, and was told that this is the Garden that she had bought from Bohlool.

When she awoke, Zubaydah was very happy and told Abbasid Caliph Harun Al-Rashid about her dream. As soon as it was morning, Abbasid Caliph Harun Al-Rashid sent someone to bring Bohlool.

When Bohlool came, Abbasid Caliph Harun Al-Rashid said,

- "I want you to take 100 dinars from me and sell me one of your Gardens, like the one you gave Zubaydah."

Bohlool gave a loud laugh and said,

- "Zubaydah bought it without seeing (the reward), but you heard and so want to buy it, but regretfully, I won't sell it to you."...

English

MollaCami.Com